Keep track of all the delicious Slow Food URBAN San Diego events here!
And look at our blog for past events!
You can sign up for our newsletter here.
Sundown Brew Run 5K at Wild Willow Farm has BREW,CHILI,MUSIC, and FARM FUN in store!
The 5th annual Wild Willow Farm 5K is moving from the early morning to the late afternoon! Relax and enjoy the farm in the cool of the evening on Saturday, June 11, with the race starting at 5pm.
This 6th farmiversary celebration features a 5K trail run or 1K native plant walk, a selection of chili, local beer and kombucha!
Our goal this year is to raise $6000 for the many programs of Wild Willow Farm! You can help by:
– Registering to Run for Agriculture, Education, or Community!
– Starting a Farm-tastic Fundraising Team!
– Donating to help our causes and celebrating with good food, bubbly brews, and sweet sunset tunes!
KEEP US GROWING: Run for Agriculture
Sponsor the efforts of a hard-working Farmer!
RUN FOR THE FUTURE OF FARMING: Run for Education
Support our efforts to keep our Farming 101 program economically accessible for future farmers! We subsidize our education program to keep tuition reasonable for our community.
RUN FOR THOSE WHO SERVE: Run for Community
Support families and individuals who keep our farm growing! Our thriving program needs your support. Help us reach our $2000 goal to fund 3 months of Saturday volunteering.
Proceeds from the sale of brew tickets will help support our Agriculture and Education fundraising efforts!
Proceeds from the sale of chili tickets will help support our Community fundraising efforts!
Know some friends that would love to get involved? Invite them to donate just $6 towards your personal fundraising goal in celebration of the 6 year anniversary of Wild Willow Farm!
Join us for Slow Sips at Vinavanti Urban Winery and Tasting Room! Slow Sips are networking and community-building events put on by Slow Food chapters. It’s one of the ways we celebrate food as a cornerstone of community.
Whole Life Festival
(formerly Enviro Fair)
|Saturday, July 2, 2016
Free with Fair admission
Learn how to help the environment
Meet local farmers
Explore the eco-friendly marketplace, with products and services for mind, body & soul
Discover a wholistic approach to a healthy lifestyle
Listen to a guest speaker or watch a demonstration
Succulent Workshop: Create your own succulent planter in this free workshop, 11:00AM-3:00PM, with Charity Wings Art & Craft Center and Green Acres Nursery.
The Children’s Garden: Explore this interactive and educational garden filled with activities including make-n-takes, ladybug releases, scavenger hunts, storybook time and guest presenters.
The Garden Bar and Wine Nook Exhibit: Taste award-winning wines from The Toast of the Coast Wine Competition and learn about our commercial and homemade wine competitions.
We will be collaborating with The National Young Farmers Coalition and Kiss The Ground for our July community open house and potluck!
The National Young Farmer’s Coalition supports America’s next generation of sustainable farmers and ranchers. NYFC is composed not only of young farmers, but also of established farmers, farm service providers, good food advocates and conscious consumers. Learn more about how you can become a member at our event!
Kiss the Ground works to help farmers and communities build back healthy soil through policy and awareness. Co-founded by Ryland Englehart and Finian Makepeace, their organization creates media to educate and inspire people to take part in the restoration of soil, and builds networks of people to create political and social change.
* FEATURED music and entertainment by Kiss The Ground singer/songwriter Finian Makepeace and Coral Bells!
* Volunteer with us from 10am-3pm!
* Purchase our seasonal crops and plant starts at the Farm Stand from 4-7pm!
* See what’s growing-on at the farm with a hosted Farm Tour starting at 5pm!
* Learn about our Tijuana River Valley home with an interpretive tour along the nature trails!
* BYO T-shirt screening until 7pm! ($10 donation)
* If you haven’t tried Mel’s FAMOUS Pizza with farm fresh veggies, get ready for a treat! Food service and potluck opens at 6pm! (Your DONATIONS are graciously accepted!)
* Meet new friends around the Bonfire, or turnip the beet at the Drum Circle after sunset!
* Donations Requested – Thank you for supporting our farm and our work – $5 suggested, OR bring a homemade dish OR volunteer for an hour.
We could use your help in making our annual Potlucks happen. Volunteer with us!
The 6th annual San Diego Beer Fest returns to Liberty Station, and promising another fun filled day with beer, food trucks, and music. The event will feature dozens of local local and international craft beers, as well as San Diego’s most popular food trucks (food sold separately).
Admission is $40 for general admission (2pm to 5pm) and $50 for VIP (1pm to 5pm). Both include unlimited beer tastings, with VIP admission offering an added hour . Please keep in mind that the event is limited to 21 and over and no pets are allowed. For more information, go to www.sandiegobeerfest.com
***Tickets are not refundable after 7/16/16 *****
- Liberty Station – 2640 Cushing Road , San Diego, CA 92106 – View Map
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF TIME WAS NOT A FACTOR?
On July 25th, we will find out!
According the the 13 Moon Calendar of Natural Time, adapted from the Mayans, July 25th is a day between the years, outside of time.
So often in our fast paced culture, time is viewed as a limiting factor. A DAY OUT OF TIME IS ABOUT REMEMBERING THAT WE ARE LIMITLESS! And that the concept of time is just a tool. We can step into it, to organize and track, measure, and coordinate. But we can just as readily step out of it, to dream and explore and expand and enjoy!
WE INVITE YOU TO CELEBRATE THE BEAUTIFUL MIRACLE OF LIFE BY EXPLORING THE INTRIGUING MYSTERIES OF THE UNIVERSE, AND DANCING YOUR PANTS OFF!!
EVENT WILL INCLUDE:
-Time bending LIVE MUSIC
-Mind bending LIVE ART
-Workshops exploring the Mysteries of Time, Space, and Reality
-Interactive Sacred Theater
-Conscious Local Food, Drink, & Craft Vendors
Line Up Coming Soon
Admission is Donation Based
This event will also be the launching pad for ORA PLANNER. This is a revolutionary app for mobile devices that bridges our current time-tracking system, the Gregorian Calendar, and the 13 Moon Calendar of Natural Time. With daily affirmations, easy-to-navigate scheduling ability, and an education in the inner psychological seasons, this app will help you move through the time of your life with intention, productivity, and grace.
Exhibitor Registration is open! contact email@example.com for details.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available! contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
On Saturday July 30th, join us as we celebrate the adoption of Urban Agriculture Incentive Zones in the City of San Diego and discuss opportunities to cultivate food initiatives in our cities.
- 9:30am-1:00pm: Attend the 2016 Food Forum at City College (1313 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101) and participate in dialogue on food policy opportunities in our cities including land access, urban agriculture, farmers markets, and community gardens
- 1:00pm-4:00pm: Join us at the Envision Urban Ag Fair at SILO (753 15th St, San Diego, CA 92101) to grab lunch and obtain resources to grow food in our cities. Fair will include an urban farmers market, live music, local organic food and beer, seed exchange, composting workshops, resources for growers, cooking demos, and more!
For more details, see event website.