Keep track of all the delicious Slow Food URBAN San Diego events here!
And look at our blog for past events!
You can sign up for our newsletter here.
The Cellar School Series : Wine Appreciation & Fermentation 101
On the second Sunday of every month we turn our cellar into a classroom for those who want to dive a little deeper into the world of wine and fermentation. Whether it’s wine tasting, wine making, or wine pairing we have you covered! Keep an eye out for special guest speakers and topics such as cheese & spirits!
May 8: Pet-Nat vs Champagne and the like with the winemaker!
Join the San Diego Food System Alliance for the first in a series of Unwasted Food pop-up dinners where local chefs and partner restaurants will prepare dishes from ignored or un-coveted food that would otherwise go to waste.
The San Diego Food System Alliance is launching Re:Source, a series of Unwasted Food pop-up dinners where celebrity chefs will use creativity to transform ignored or un-coveted food that would otherwise become ‘waste.’ This pop-up series is inspired by successful initiatives in other cities.
A portion of the proceeds benefits the San Diego Food System Alliance in its mission to build a healthy, equitable, and sustainable food system in San Diego County.
Re:Source aims to…
- Raise awareness of the staggering volume of food that is wasted
- Inspire new applications for the overlooked byproducts of our food system
- Redefine food waste as an important resource
April 6th: The Red Door
May 10th: The Land & Water Co
June 21st: Cafe Gratitude
CHECK WEBSITE for TICKETS!
Sundown Brew Run 5K at Wild Willow Farm has BREW,CHILI,MUSIC, and FARM FUN in store!
The 5th annual Wild Willow Farm 5K is moving from the early morning to the late afternoon! Relax and enjoy the farm in the cool of the evening on Saturday, June 11, with the race starting at 5pm.
This 6th farmiversary celebration features a 5K trail run or 1K native plant walk, a selection of chili, local beer and kombucha!
Our goal this year is to raise $6000 for the many programs of Wild Willow Farm! You can help by:
– Registering to Run for Agriculture, Education, or Community!
– Starting a Farm-tastic Fundraising Team!
– Donating to help our causes and celebrating with good food, bubbly brews, and sweet sunset tunes!
KEEP US GROWING: Run for Agriculture
Sponsor the efforts of a hard-working Farmer!
RUN FOR THE FUTURE OF FARMING: Run for Education
Support our efforts to keep our Farming 101 program economically accessible for future farmers! We subsidize our education program to keep tuition reasonable for our community.
RUN FOR THOSE WHO SERVE: Run for Community
Support families and individuals who keep our farm growing! Our thriving program needs your support. Help us reach our $2000 goal to fund 3 months of Saturday volunteering.
Proceeds from the sale of brew tickets will help support our Agriculture and Education fundraising efforts!
Proceeds from the sale of chili tickets will help support our Community fundraising efforts!
Know some friends that would love to get involved? Invite them to donate just $6 towards your personal fundraising goal in celebration of the 6 year anniversary of Wild Willow Farm!
Join us for Slow Sips at Vinavanti Urban Winery and Tasting Room! Slow Sips are networking and community-building events put on by Slow Food chapters. It’s one of the ways we celebrate food as a cornerstone of community.
Whole Life Festival
(formerly Enviro Fair)
|Saturday, July 2, 2016
Free with Fair admission
Learn how to help the environment
Meet local farmers
Explore the eco-friendly marketplace, with products and services for mind, body & soul
Discover a wholistic approach to a healthy lifestyle
Listen to a guest speaker or watch a demonstration
Succulent Workshop: Create your own succulent planter in this free workshop, 11:00AM-3:00PM, with Charity Wings Art & Craft Center and Green Acres Nursery.
The Children’s Garden: Explore this interactive and educational garden filled with activities including make-n-takes, ladybug releases, scavenger hunts, storybook time and guest presenters.
The Garden Bar and Wine Nook Exhibit: Taste award-winning wines from The Toast of the Coast Wine Competition and learn about our commercial and homemade wine competitions.
We will be collaborating with The National Young Farmers Coalition and Kiss The Ground for our July community open house and potluck!
The National Young Farmer’s Coalition supports America’s next generation of sustainable farmers and ranchers. NYFC is composed not only of young farmers, but also of established farmers, farm service providers, good food advocates and conscious consumers. Learn more about how you can become a member at our event!
Kiss the Ground works to help farmers and communities build back healthy soil through policy and awareness. Co-founded by Ryland Englehart and Finian Makepeace, their organization creates media to educate and inspire people to take part in the restoration of soil, and builds networks of people to create political and social change.
* FEATURED music and entertainment by Kiss The Ground singer/songwriter Finian Makepeace and Coral Bells!
* Volunteer with us from 10am-3pm!
* Purchase our seasonal crops and plant starts at the Farm Stand from 4-7pm!
* See what’s growing-on at the farm with a hosted Farm Tour starting at 5pm!
* Learn about our Tijuana River Valley home with an interpretive tour along the nature trails!
* BYO T-shirt screening until 7pm! ($10 donation)
* If you haven’t tried Mel’s FAMOUS Pizza with farm fresh veggies, get ready for a treat! Food service and potluck opens at 6pm! (Your DONATIONS are graciously accepted!)
* Meet new friends around the Bonfire, or turnip the beet at the Drum Circle after sunset!
* Donations Requested – Thank you for supporting our farm and our work – $5 suggested, OR bring a homemade dish OR volunteer for an hour.
We could use your help in making our annual Potlucks happen. Volunteer with us!