Keep track of all the delicious Slow Food URBAN San Diego events here!
And look at our blog for past events!
You can sign up for our newsletter here.
The San Diego Fermentation Festival is a family-friendly outdoor festival featuring:
– A Makers Marketplace showcasing the southern California bounty of artisanal foodmakers and brewers
– Keynote speech about the human microbiome by Dr. Rob Knight, professor at UCSD and co-founder of the American Gut Project
– Workshops and presentations given by fermentation experts covering how and why to make and eat fermented foods and beverages
– Do-It-Yourself Fermentation stations where you can learn hands-on how to make fermented food
– Wellness Pavilion– Give your Whole Self a break! Yoga classes, sound healing, other relaxation and rejuvenation activities
– Ambrosia Garden (21+) featuring fermented adult beverages such as mead, beer, kombucha* and wine
– Live music and Entertainment
EDIBLE & MEDICINAL PLANTS OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY:
Seasonal Herb Walk (Spring Session)
From the mild, wind swept coastal bluffs along the Pacific Ocean to the climatic extremes more typical of the remote Sonoran Desert to the east, the San Diego County region provides us with the opportunity to view a large variety of botanical specimens all within a relatively small geographical range. Join us as we discover together the diverse array of both edible and medicinal plants found growing within these contrasting yet closely interconnected plant communities. Historical and modern medicinal applications will be covered along with any edible and/or utilitarian potential. Tips on basic/intermediate plant identification will be offered with a special emphasis on plant family characteristics as well as differentiating poisonous look-alike plants from their beneficial counterparts.
San Diego, CA (Coastal)
Saturday, March 4. 10am-4pm. $47
Instructor: Tellur Fenner of the Blue Wind School of Botanical Studies in Ukiah, CA.
Make sure to bring: Water, lunch, notebook, hat/sunscreen, rain gear, and a camera.
Class will occur RAIN OR SHINE! :)
Registration: Email (preferred): email@example.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Join their class email list here: http://eepurl.com/ci-q_j
Interested but don’t have a car? Inquire about carpooling options.
Looking for a more substantial/comprehensive SoCal edible/medicinal plant learning experience? If so, scope out the following 60 hour program that I’ll be offering March-May 2017. Guaranteed to be QUITE the floristic adventure!